The Philippines is known for many things- including a vibrant culture, friendly people, exceptional white sand beaches, boxing legend Manny Pacquiao and the best English language skills in Asia. With the boom of the outsourcing industry, the country has become one of the most sought-after service providers of companies in the US, UK, AU and the rest of the world. With a population of more than one hundred million, there is no doubt that world-class skills can be found in the country.
Different BPO companies keep popping up like mushrooms, not only in Metro Manila but also other cities all over Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. Big companies from around the world have seen the potential in investing and outsourcing staff in the Philippines.
The Philippines is one of the most popular options when it comes to outsourcing. With its diverse people and proficient workers, outsourcing to the Philippines makes a lot of sense.
Here are 9 reasons that make the Philippines the top choice when it comes to outsourcing.
- Cost Effectiveness – One of the top reasons companies choose to outsource is to save on cost. It is understandable that a business would go with a company that offers the same quality of work with the lowest price. Outsourcing to the Philippines is economical and this is considerably the main reason to outsource in the country. The cost of labor in the Philippines is surprisingly low and the quality of work is high. The cost of office space, seat rentals, and labor in the Philippines is very affordable.
- Communication Skills – English proficiency is a competitive edge of Filipinos compared to other counterparts. English is one of the official languages of the Philippines and it used as the primary medium of instruction in the country’s education system. Filipinos are trained to speak with a neutral accent and have a better command of the language compared to other non-English speaking countries. This is a great advantage, especially in the Customer Service industry.
- Diversity and Flexibility – The Philippines is a culturally diverse country. Filipinos have been exposed to different cultures and traditions that greatly influenced their ways of thinking and living. This diversity drives a positive impact on productivity in a workplace. Filipinos are also flexible when it comes to time schedules and rest days. Employees are willing to work on different time schedules to cater to clients’ needs.
- Talented Workforce – Filipinos are born resourceful. They have the talent to find the easiest ways to carry out their tasks with minimal supervision. They are also fast learners and can easily understand and adapt to new technologies and innovation. They have the passion and willingness to work in the most diverse settings.
- Immediate Labor Pool Availability – Because the majority of the population in the Philippines is the new graduate and above age group, it makes the country an ideal place to outsource work for a range of industries, including Legal and Business support, Accounting, Information Technology and of course, Customer Support services. Recruitment is easily done as Filipinos are always eager to learn and are prepared to discover new opportunities in the outsourcing industry.
- Innovative Technology – Technological advances have shown continuous growth in the Philippines and this has contributed to the economic success of the BPO industry in the country. Telecommunication companies, internet service providers, health care technologies, and airline companies are pushing their limits to attain the newest technology available in the market to align with the investor’s needs in putting up their business in the country.
- Infrastructure – Central business areas, high-end buildings, office leases, and seat rentals are readily available in the Philippines. Office spaces that are highly accessible throughout the metro are towering in every corner. Investors have the chance to choose where to put up their business because of a wealth of sites available.
- Lifestyle – The Philippines has adopted not only much of western culture but western lifestyle as well. Filipinos effectively converse with their foreign counterparts in the industry because there is no language barrier and the topics of interest are similar between both sides. Whether it is sports, politics, pop-culture, television and movies, Filipinos have very similar tastes to westerners. The Philippines’ preference to the western way of life has proven to be advantageous especially in the customer service field. Being able to relate to the customers and hold a conversation with them makes it easier to build rapport and create effective business transactions.
- Work Ethic – Filipinos are naturally respectful and this is evident in their interactions with their colleagues, superiors and of course, their clients. Working under pressure is not a problem as they are patient and calm even in the most stressful situations. Filipino workers are well known for their sense of concern and ownership for their work. These positive working attitudes are what make Filipino manpower in demand not only in the outsourcing industry but in other fields as well.
The BPO industry in the Philippines is rapidly advancing and has not shown any sign of slowing down. Learn more about how outsourcing can help with your current business needs and future business growth.